>> Feb 9, 2010
When I browsed a few days ago, I found this article that written by Anamika S; and I want to share here. She tried to compile qualities that a good wife should have.
Of course, every married man wishes to have a good wife (also vice versa). Many people advice the new bride to be a good wife to her husband. But what are the makings of a good or perfect wife? Many women don’t know. Many of the qualities of a good wife are already inbuilt in a person and the rest can be developed. Do you agree with this?
Well, here are the qualities that a husband looks in a wife :
- Be warm, kind, positive, understanding and friendly. Don’t be one of those people who make everyone around you feel bad just because you’ve had a hard day. Welcome your husband with a smile when he comes home instead of a sour face. A good wife honors her hubby by keeping a pleasant tone in her voice, a happy smile on her face and a neat and clean appearance. Listen to his talk about his day especially if it was a difficult one.
- Treat your husband with respect. If you expect respect from others we need to treat others with respect, too. Respect can be reflected in the way one talks and behaves. Always speak in a loving and avoid speaking in a harsh manner. A good wife never chooses to strike, humiliate or otherwise harm him in private nor in public. It is better to watch what you say and to think your thoughts through before speaking as it is impossible to take back the words once they have been spoken.
- Communicate. Communication is a key to a good and solid marriage. Don’t hide things from your husband or keep secrets after marriage. Find time to sit and talk with your husband on a daily basis even if it is for only half an hour. If you feel that you can’t share with your husband anything then your marriage is in trouble. Be a good listener when your husband is talking. You may have many important things to tell him but allow him to talk first. Don't greet him with complaints and problems the moment he comes back from work. Good communication also helps to build trust and strengthen your relationship. After marriage the wife and husband are a team or partners. Don’t take any major decisions about the family without consulting with husband. Fights or problems may happen in between the two but don’t let the world know about it rather solve it between yourselves.
- Be Supportive. A husband expects wife’s support and understanding especially in times of troubles. A good wife loves her hubby through his successes and failures and provides reassurance when he's feeling down. She is an equal partner in the marriage. Support your husband in all stages of his career and life. Don’t hurt his ego. It is often heard saying that ‘a wife can make a man or break a man’. Be proud of him on his accomplishments and genuinely complement him. If you do this you can expect your husband to behave with you in the same manner and also respect you more for your support and thoughtfulness. When you don’t agree with him respectfully let him know you don’t agree.
- Don’t nag. No man would like a nagging wife. If you want to get your own way, ask him nicely. Many wives think that the only way to get her husband to do things is by nagging. But the truth is that your nagging can create unwanted gap or can make things worse between the two of you. Your husband is a grown man with his own thoughts and desires. Just because you think he should be doing something particular doesn't mean he has to do it.
- Give him his space. As a wife you need to understand that your husband also has a life other than you. He has his family, friends and colleagues who are part of his life, too. He also may have some hobbies or passions he is involved in. Don’t expect his undivided attention. Don’t stop him if he wants to go out and hang out with his friends sometimes or engage in a hobby or sport that he likes. An interfering wife can sometimes be too irritating.
I still have six more qualities to share. See you in my next post…
Picture source: dailymail.co.uk