>> Aug 3, 2012
There are situations when we need the assistance of a solicitor i.e. Accidents, Personal Injury, Family Law, Employment, Driving Offences, Debt Collection, Insolvency, Drafting Wills/ Grant of Probate. These are just some of the reasons why people turn to a solicitor for advice.
Choosing a solicitor is not something which should be taken lightly. A good solicitor Galway can make a lot of difference. He or she can help win cases. There are various solicitors in the marketplace. There are hundreds of firms and thousands of names to choose from. Choosing the right one can be a quite daunting task. In order to make the search for the best solicitor easier and less time consuming, we have come up with a list which can help you pick the best solicitor for you.
1. Ask friends and family for recommendations. No amount of advertising is better than word of mouth recommendation from people who have personally tried a solicitor’s service. People who have used the services of the solicitor can tell you their personal experience and most importantly if the solicitor is efficient and competent to carry out the service required.
2. Professional recommendations, as well as paid advertisements are revenue driven and you may not always rely on them solely. It is also beneficial to check what other people have to say about the solicitor. The Internet can assist you with this.
3. Comparison shopping is necessary. Different law firms and different solicitors do not offer the same service and fees. Don’t be afraid to ask for an estimate of the cost involved with the service. Solicitors are obliged to give you an estimate of the fees likely to be incurred.
4. Remember to compare like with like so you can make an accurate comparison.
5. Do not always look at the price. As much as possible, we want to save money. However, remember that when you require the service of a solicitor the issue is usually personal and very important. So you should never base your decision solely on price. Of course it will play a big factor but the lowest price may cost you in the long run
Check the Galway solicitor’s office location or law firm. If your case will require going to the law firm innumerous visits, you would not want to travel long distances. Choosing a solicitor which is close to your workplace will make a lot of things easier for you. However, this should not be the only reason for choosing a particular solicitor. The reality now is that most Galway Solicitors are up to speed with the current communication technology and can be contacted by instant email, teleconference etc.
Finally, do not be afraid to ask a lot of questions. Your discussions with your solicitor are private and confidential. Therefore, in order for you to receive the best service possible you should never withhold information from your solicitor. Withholding information will disadvantage your case.
If you are looking for reliable Galway solicitors who are experienced, knowledgeable, reputable and available whenever you need them, you should consider the above information before making a decision.