>> Oct 18, 2012
As a tourist in New York, you shouldn’t be afraid of setting your expectations higher than the skyscrapers here. Such is the uniqueness and beauty of this metropolitan that even a fortnight here will not be enough to take in all the sights and sounds. Here’s a short what to do New York list that your family/friends will enjoy; besides the usual attraction such as the Statue of Liberty.
- Central Park: Let’s start off nice and slow. A bicycle tour through Central Park is the perfect introduction to the city. Whether you’re riding solo or with a tour, make sure you stop for a view of Bow Bridge, the Alice in Wonderland sculpture as well as the Imagine Mosaic, if you’re drawn to the gentle strumming of acoustic guitars.
- Grimaldi’s Pizza: Whether you’re a meat-eater or not, pizza is one fast food item you cannot escape in New York. While there are many outlets to choose from, Grimaldi’s coal fired pizzeria is the right place to be. Situated under the Brooklyn Bridge, this picturesque location is the right place to be gorging on some authentic pizzas.
- Empire State Building: A view from the observation deck of the 86th floor will surely turn out to be one of the highlights of your trip. New York’s tallest structure attracts a number of tourists. Book your ticket online if you want to avoid long queues.
- West Village stroll: The cobblestone streets of West Village are a winding maze and look straight out of a 19th century portrait. Check out Bleecker St. and Commerce St. for a long line of beautiful shops selling a wide variety of items. The Magnolia Bakery cupcakes are a treat if you have the patience to wait in a long queue.
- Grand Central Terminal: When you have time to kill in New York, visit GCT. If the high ceiling of the concourse isn’t enough, walk over to the Whispering Gallery. The elevated passageways can give you a great view of the concourse. This is one attraction that should make into any what to do New York list.