>> Nov 1, 2012
What is a blog?
A blog is a site that has been created by a particular person or by a company to provide you with certain information that you need to acquire. Travel blogs provide detailed information on travelling. Usually travel blogs are written by people who have great love for travelling. But you do not just want to write a blog which nobody bothers to read.
Remember that there are some important tips to be followed when writing a travel blog. Do not limit your discussion to the panoramic view, or the great sightseeing places or the historical significances only. Also include vital information in your travel blog. Your travel blog should contain information on how to get to the particular space you are writing about, the mietwagen-guide (rental car) services available in that place, hotel bookings etc. This will ensure that the person reading your blog will be attached and will come back to your blog.
Some tips for promoting your travel blog:
- Make sure your writing style is attractive. A slow paced writing will deter readers from reading the entire contents of your travel blog.
- Do not go on stretching your travel piece. Your writing should be short so that the attention span of the readers does not waver.
- Do not go on describing about the history or the scenic beauty of the place. Leave something for the reader to be surprised about when he ultimately visits the place.
- Provide information on air, water, train and car routes. These are very useful for any person who is travelling. If readers find such information on your travel blog, they will come back and also recommend your blog to friends.
- Mietwagen-guide (rental car) services are very important during travelling. When you are a tourist, you do not want to be left at the mercy of the local transportation services. Provide detailed information on mietwagen-guide (rental car) agencies of the particular place in your travel blog.
- Do not forget to include information on hotels, lodges or motels. This saves the readers from hours of searching on the internet for that perfect place to stay. Include hotel rates in your blog and try to give an unbiased view about the different hotels you have stayed in.
- Give clear directions and do not forget to mention restaurants, coffee shops, hospitals or medicine shops.
- Give recommendations and help your readers to form the travel itinerary. Use your expertise to arrange the different legs of the tour in the easiest way for your readers.
- Provide pictures of the places you have visited. Pictures always help people to relate with a particular place. Also pictures help a person to develop their interest in a particular place and thus they are attracted towards it.
Keep these basic points in mind while wring a travel blog and you will find that the number of your readers will increase exponentially. Remember information on hotels, restaurants, mietwagen-guide (rental car) services, itinerary guides are very important to promote your blog. Follow these steps and make your travel blog the most happening.
Author Bio: Anna is a person with a passion for writing. She has written many articles on various topics, for more information you can check her other blogs.