>> Aug 29, 2013
Have you ever despaired on not being able to fit into your favorite dress or pair of jeans because of the excess fat on your tummy? If yes, do not despair as you are not alone. There are a lot of people who have been battling the bulge around their belly for long. While belly fat is really common, the good news is that you can lose it. However, in order to lose it, you must understand that it requires a complete change in your lifestyle, eating habits as well as other changes, which in turn will ensure that you never have fat around the tummy. Here are some simple tips to help you lose that excess weight and get a flat tummy within a week.
- Dietary changes: One of the main reasons for putting on excessive body fat, especially around the tummy region, is the food we eat. Given our high powered lifestyles, we often tend to eat out as well as at odd times, all of which are detrimental to our health whilst also being responsible for that bulge around the tummy. Most of us tend to gorge on fast foods or processed foods, which are mainly responsible for this problem. The trick is to eat natural foods, including vegetables, fruits, whole grains, chicken, lean meat, fish, whole grain pastas, whole grain bread, fish, nuts and other low fat foods. Apart from this, you can include dietary supplements containing key elements like raspberry ketone, green coffee bean, Garcinia Cambogia extract etc, to enhance the metabolism and reduce belly fat.
- Drink plenty of liquids: Water is extremely important for those who want a flat tummy. Most of us unfortunately drink only sodas and other aerated drinks along with lots of alcohol, all of which act as the chief cause of belly bulge. Reducing these drinks while increasing the intake of water, nearly 8 large glasses a day, will definitely keep you hydrated while also ensuring that there is no fat around the belly. Another very good drink that you must include while trying to get a flat tummy is green tea. Green tea has many miraculous powers, which causes the metabolism to increase and the body to lose fat while also improving your overall health and fitness. If you are not really keen on drinking green tea, you could always opt for supplements that have green Tea EGCG as a key element.
- Reduce intake of sodium: Salt is another important factor that causes the belly bulge. If you truly want to reduce that belly fat, it is important to cut down on your salt intake. Adding herbs and other spices to your food is a better way to make it more palatable rather than adding salt, which is detrimental to your health, and especially to your tummy.
- De-stress yourself: Stress is extremely detrimental to the overall health of an individual. Apart from making you unhealthy, stress also leads to excessive weight gain or fat gain, especially around the belly region. This is because stress causes the release of a hormone called cortisol, which is the main cause for fat gain in the belly region. Breathing exercises are excellent ways to de-stress while also working totally on the belly fat. Dancing, music and any other hobby will also help you to keep stress at bay. Planning your time efficiently to ensure that you are never late or over worked will also help in reducing stress effectively.
- Exercise regularly but moderately: Finally, there is no weight loss or fat loss without exercise. This is the most important part of ensuring that you lose weight within a week. There are several regimes that one can follow while exercising to reduce belly fat but all should be done only after getting proper advice from the doctor and ensuring that it is safe to do so. Here are some exercises that you should consider while trying to get a flat tummy within a week:
- Circuit training is extremely essential for losing overall weight. This kind of training not only helps in building muscles but also burns fat, which causes weight loss and ultimately leads to a flat tummy.
- During your workout regimen, make sure that you work out your entire body. Do plenty of lunges, squats, push-ups etc. Do multiple sets of each exercise and make sure that each set has 15 reps. It’s important to rotate the exercises regularly and not work on the same muscle or body part continuously for two days in a row. This will help tone the muscles while also enabling the faster burning of fat. Skipping or any kind of Cardio activity is important and should be combined with these exercises.
- Alternate between the upper body and lower body to get better results. Make sure that you work each body part for the correct number of reps as advised by your trainer as it will help meet your needs faster.
While all these tips will definitely help in ensuring that you have a flat tummy within a week, it is equally important to maintain a good posture to ensure that you retain one. Always pull your tummy in and walk straight as this will go a long way in ensuring that you lose more weight around your tummy.
Bio: This post is written by James Hudson Fitness expert. I write on weight loss, fitness, health, yoga etc. I Guide people in their weight loss goal and achieve healthy and fit life.