>> Oct 9, 2014
Majestic mountains, green meadows, sprawling valleys, waterfalls have been noticed by the audiences of the Hollywood films. Owing to the settings of few of the films, tourism of particular portions of the world have benefited to a great deal. Along Pi, Frodo, Gandalf, Edward and Bella you can also be part of these locations. According to the stalwarts of the tourism industry, along with the success of the film, there has also been a surge in the rise of awareness and scheme that have boosted the tourism in that particular arena. After the success of a film that was shot or featured those areas there has been a surge in the influx of the visitors.
Power of films on tourism
The power of film tourism is evident through the effect that each of these films had on the tourism of a particular part of the world. The concept of film tourism refers to the rise in the popularity of the location as a tourist destination through a movie. Few of the noted films that have created huge impact in tourism are
- Lord Of The Rings- This series consists of three films that are based on the book of the same name written by J.R.R. Tolkien. It is considered to be one of the most ambitions and biggest film projects that have been undertaken till date. The movie was shot at New Zealand and even before the first part was released in the theatres, there was much hype about the same and people from different corners of the world flocked to the country to have a glimpse of Shire and Mordor. Parts of Queenstown where the movie was shot had gained attention of the visitors.
- Life of Pi- This animated adventure film by Ang Lee is based on a book of the same name by Yann Martel. The story is about a young boy named Pi Patel and his survival of a shipwreck in a lifeboat for two hundred and twenty-seven long days. Major portion of the film was shot in Taiwan and India. The tourism around the areas where the film was shot in both the countries has surged remarkably. The tourism associations of Taiwan have taken various initiatives to promote the tourism in these parts. Indian government has also tourism packages to visit in and around Pondicherry and other parts.
- Mamma Mia- This is a British romantic comedy that was adapted from 1999 Broadway musical of the same name. On watching the film, the first reaction of the audiences was their inclination to go the island and spend few days there. Even after years after the release of the film, there has been a boom in the influx of tourists in the Skopelos Island in Greece. After the release of the movies the mayor of the place reported that the there was a rise in the enquiries from visitors from across the world.
- The Twilight Saga- This is a series of five movies that are based on the book written by the Stephanie Mayer. The towns where the film was shot have seen a remarkable rise in the lodging after the movies was a success. The local authorities of these locations have promoted tourism and have attracted kids and teenagers to a great deal.
- Hangover II- This is an American film in the comedy genre that was released in 2011. It is considered to be a sequel to the film of the same name. In the different Thailand trails where the film was shot has seen various packages in terms of tourism. Food tours have also been conducted in these locations.
These places have seen a major difference in the tourism after the success of the film. You can avail various packages related in and around the places where the movies were shot.
Author Bio: Marley Meyers writes blogs on tourism. He has written in his recent blog regarding the film tourism. To know about the films that have influenced tourism, you need to click here.