>> Apr 19, 2016
According to expert landscape designers, adding hardscaping could help in enhancing landscaping and adding an element of functionality to the yard. Hardscaping refers to the use of stones, rocks, pavers, concrete and other such hard materials that instill an element of value to any landscape design. These hard materials usually do not require replacements. Hardscaping is essentially non-living or inanimate hard surfaces. Landscaping technically is known to include both hardscaping and also, soft, natural living elements. Most yards are a magical mix of hardscaping and traditional landscaping. Hardscaping offers a host of benefits that are discussed below.
Some Striking Benefits
- Hardscaping elements, unlike living plants, are not alive and so they do not need to be constantly pampered with water, pruning, mowing, sun etc. Frankly speaking, hardly any care or maintenance is needed for hardscapes.
- Hardscaping could immensely boost the accessibility of your house and property. Walkways and pathways are regarded as hardscapes. Elements such as pathways could assist you, as well as, your guests to enjoy and have easy access to your house or property.
- You could use your imagination and create depth, texture and visual diversity to your overall landscaping design by adding hardscapes. Instead of having a yard with exclusively, green plants and soft features, hardscaping could give a whole new dimension and help in creating hard edges, as well as, lines to the landscape.
- Effective hardscaping is useful in reducing erosion possibilities. Contact King Landscape Company for all your landscaping solutions.
- Hardscaping is great for boosting property values. A softscape or plants could die or become dry and brown in times of drought or extreme heat but a hardscape is supposed to be permanent and would be maintaining its looks despite extreme weather conditions.
- Hardscaping elements like courtyard walls could be instrumental in creating privacy in your yard. They would act as effective boundary lines or walls between close neighbors.
- Hardscaping could be effective in increasing enjoyment for you and your family. You could enjoy the outdoors for longer stints. A porch or a patio, an outdoor kitchen or even an arbor for providing shade are essentially hardscaping.
- Hardscaping gives more opportunities for entertainment. If you are more into hosting parties frequently and if you love having your friend over to your house, hardscaping could transform your entertainment to a whole new level. An outdoor kitchen would be great for hosting your parties outdoors completely without you having to go away from your guests. A novel outdoor layout could prove to be inspiring for organizing new parties and discovering new ways of entertaining your friends and family.
- Hardscaping could be used for expanding your indoor space. Hardscaping could be fruitfully used for creating an outdoor room that boasts a built-in seating, outdoor kitchen, and even an outdoor fireplace. This outdoor space would not only be perfect for entertaining guests and friends, it would be allowing you to completely immerse yourself in the tranquilities of nature. You just need to relax, enjoy nature and simply get rejuvenated.
- By adding a fire pit or a fireplace, you could now use your outdoor space more effectively during the cooler days. The ambient light would be allowing you to carry on enjoying outdoors till late into the day. Moreover, a fireplace would be creating the perfect ambiance for your guests to gather.
- Hardscaping could provide the much-needed privacy and shade. Covered patios, stone walls, trellises, and pergolas are immensely helpful in creating shade. You could now enjoy lazing around and relaxing in the outdoors minus the scorching heat and glare of the blazing sun. These structures could be effective in providing privacy from nosy neighbors or high traffic areas.
- By adding hardscaping, you could reduce maintenance. As it does not require mowing, pruning, watering, or weeding, adding hardscaping proves to be a fantastic way of reducing the maintenance required for your landscape. It is also, a wonderful way of conserving water.
Add hardscaping to your landscape designing and enjoy the benefits. Simply sit back and have loads of fun!
Author Bio: Martin Grimes is a landscape designer and horticulturist. He has recently taken to blogging and recommends companies like King Landscape Company for perfect landscape designing solutions.