>> Apr 25, 2016
If you suffer from any kind of injuries at your workplace, then you can claim for the workers compensation. Now the question is, will you be able to make the claims and get the compensations on your own, or should you be hiring a workers compensation lawyer to represent your case?
Well, if the injuries that you have sustained are minor, and if you do not lose much payment, then you could probably get the job done yourself. The task will become easier, if your employer admits that you got injured at your workplace, and if they do not dispute the sentiment offered by the compensation board.
However, there are many complexities involved in the worker compensation laws, which is why it will be in your best interests to have professional legal advisers on your side. To make it easier for you, let us first look at some of the instances where you should make your point to hire a lawyer.
- If the injury that you got at your workplace is severe, and if you have to go through surgery.
- If your injury is so severe that your doctor says that you might not be able to heal completely. Here, you can also get permanent partial disability benefits.
- If you are unable to go back to work regularly like you used to do before getting injured.
- If you had pre-existing disabilities that got worsened due to injury, or due to poor working conditions.
- If your employer does not cooperate with you, or if the settlement amount offered to you is unfair.
- If your company denies the medical benefits that you are entitled to receive
- If your company disagrees or disputes the settlement agreement offered by the workers compensation board
- If you do not understand the intricacies that are involved in making the claims, or if you are not comfortable representing yourself.
Some of the workplace injuries can cause long term repercussions and setbacks to your life. If you have sustained severe injuries, it is always a good idea to hire an attorney to represent your case. Moreover, your health conditions might not even allow you to get the paperwork done, and go through the required procedures.
If your health condition worsens, and if you are not able to work on a permanent basis, then you can also receive additional benefits under social security disability laws.
Sometimes the injury might prevent you from continuing with your existing job, where you might have to look for alternative employment opportunities. In such a case, your lawyer can help you in getting the compensation payments, which will help you in tiding through the difficult times.
It is important for you to understand that the process of making the claims can get complex. Also, you will have to fill up all the required forms and summit them within the deadlines, as proposed by your states compensation laws.
Sometimes, you might even have to take a second person opinion, if the physician or the doctor provided by the insurance company tries to weaken your case. Therefore, it makes sense to hire an experienced lawyer to help you get the rightful compensation. You can also visit workerscompensationattorneysacramento.net to consult with expert lawyers in Sacramento California.