>> Oct 4, 2016
In today’s society, there are two very important things – the online world and computers. Somewhere in between we find networking. Everyone with the help of a wireless router can have its own private business or home network. Of course, to do this we have to have a good quality wireless router and in this article we are going to discuss how to install them and configure them properly.
How to Setup the Wireless Router
Before you start setting up your router there are a few things you have to keep in mind. In other words, we have two ways to setup the router effectively and they are:
- With the help of a setup software
- Manual setup
Let’s see how we can setup the router using its software.
How to use a software to setup the router
- First of all we have to use an Ethernet cable to connect the modem and the router.
- The next thing is to plug in the router to the power source. You also have to click the Network icon on your desktop.
- The next step is to choose the network name from the list of available ones. Please note that in most cases the network name will be the same as the name of the router manufacturer. This is something manufacturers set up as default, just like the default IP 192.168.1.1, default router username and password etc.
- With it, it is quite easy to setup the router. For example, with the help of the software which generally comes together with the router you should do the following:
- Disconnect the router from any other devices like PC, modem and power source.
- Then you have to insert the setup CD or download the software from the manufacturer’s website on another PC.
- After you download the software, install it on your computer and simply follow the on-screen instructions which will guide you through the setup process.
- When you decide to use the setup CD to setup your router you will have the option to give a name for your network and setup a strong password at the same time.
Configuring the router manually
There are situations where the user forgets the network name or the password. Some may try to crack the network password and it may be a problem since someone else might do this without your knowledge. Here is how to configure the wireless router in the best way.
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect the router and the modem.
- The next step is to connect the router to the PC and turn it on.
- Next use the browser to login to your wireless router admin page.
- To do this, you need to type the router default IP address in the browser’s URL bar. This IP can be found in the user’s manual or on a sticker on the router’s body.
- According to this site 192168ll.net every single router comes with a default IP address which is used to access the router configuration settings. You can try logging in with these IP addresses – 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.1 because these two are most commonly used.
- When the login window opens you will be asked to enter the router username and password. They can be found in the same place as the default IP address.
- You can always use Google to find the default login details for your router.
- Once you type in the correct login details, you will gain access to the router configuration page where you can setup your router completely.
Probably the most important thing in the router setup is its default IP address. The default IP is used as a default gateway and it is something you have to know if you want to setup your wireless router manually.