>> Dec 22, 2016
Whey protein and soy protein are both supplements fetched by body builders. These supplements have their own benefits along with exercise. Research has shown that whey protein is superior and the biggest among protein supplements but soy protein is an effective alternative. You can click here to know which one will fulfill your needs.
The Benefits of Soy Protein
Soy protein is a plant protein created from soybean consisting of isoflavones. It is a good source of vitamin B, fiber, iron, zinc and calcium.
- The phytochemicals present in soy can help in reducing the risk of cancer.
- It provides healthy body weight.
- It controls blood sugar.
- It reduces the level of cholesterol and triglycerides.
Guard your minute cells with Whey
Whey protein is a milk protein extracted from cow’s milk. It may contain health promoting effects and antioxidants. Whey protein used in different biochemical process that is important for muscle shrinkage, growth and repair. Whey protein stimulates glutathione which is an important antioxidant for protecting human cells. Whey protein can also guard human prostate cells from oxidant-promoted cell death. It also protect from cancer activity. The best time to take whey protein is after your workout within 1 hour.
Whey Protein are of two varieties – whey concentrate and whey isolate.
- Whey concentrate: It is more economical option. Low lactose level is appropriate for lactose-sensitive people. It has insignificant amount of carbs and fat for your overall body health. It is the best-selling form of whey.
- Whey Isolate: It is basically fat-free especially for those who don’t want to include fat in their health diet. It has even lesser lactose compared to whey concentrate. It has better taste than whey concentrate and also thinner.
Choose Whey Protein over Soy Protein for muscle building
Whey protein is more beneficial than soy protein in muscle building in various ways. The human body absorbs whey protein quickly. It contains high level of amino acids that are crucial for muscle building and thus, it results in higher speed of muscle protein synthesis that soy protein. Whey protein indulges in muscle building process while soy protein doesn’t. Whey protein helps to reduce a hormone called cortisol which can break down muscle following exercise. On the other hand, soy protein can reduce the male hormone testosterone.
Whey Protein for Weight Loss
Both whey protein and soy protein are tested on weight loss ability in obese people. Whey protein helps in reducing waist size. It is known that different protein supplements show different effects on weight loss and body composition. It is also stated that the dietary commendation emphasizes especially the crucial characteristics of dietary protein nutrient in availing weight change, should also provide the demonstrated clinical prospect of whey protein.