>> Dec 28, 2012
Introduction: If you lack confidence or are shy then talking to people can be very difficult for you. It is for this reason that it becomes a good idea to work so as to better your social skills. As soon as you feel comfortable in mixing with people in a social setting, you will be able to reap the benefits immediately. You will be able to meet new friends, become exposed to new experiences and also feel 100 percent much better about yourself. Here are some simple steps which can go a long way to help you feel comfortable in public.
Ø Smile: It is well known that a smile can do a lot of wonders. However you must remember to smile and reach out to people in a friendly manner. Smiling is your confidence.
Ø Talk to People:
- You must talk to people who are near you. Ask them questions, crack jokes.
- Remember to make eye contact. Self-confidence goes a long way. Hence you must believe in yourself. When you make eye contact, you are telling people that you're interested in them. It's a highly effective and simple thing to do.
- Make sure to remember the E word: Empathy! Always ask people about themselves as people love to talk about themselves and their interests. Try to find common interests, and show sympathy to their problems.
- Make It A Point To Compliment people. When you compliment people it becomes a great way to start a conversation.
- Be honest. Let people know how you honestly feel.
- Try not to be by yourself all the time! If you don't know many people around you simply go to them and start talking.
- Remember to accept other people’s invitations and ' offers in order to be with them.
- Mix up your routine. Try and sit with different people at dinner or lunch. You must not always be with the same one or two friends. When you sit with different people you can be with other people.
- Put in the effort. When at home, call your friends on the phone and talk to them.
Ø Be Upbeat
- Enjoy the FUN!! It is but natural that if people consider the fact the that you're funny then they will love your company.
- Always be an optimist. People always gather around happy people so as to find options to be happy and positive.
Ø In a nutshell:
- You must always believe in yourself.
- Be happy and positive which a very attractive quality is.
- Don't be centered on yourself as there is a difference between snobbery and confidence.
- Never be afraid of rejection
- Listen as much as possible than talk. It always shows that you care about those around you and don't want to take control.
- Believe in the fact that you are exactly who you want to be.
- Reach out to someone and introduce yourself
Remember that these are the good qualities in you. This will help to make your social life productive as well as strong.
Tina is a freelance writer who writes on different topics such as travelling, beaches and social media. Her famous articles includes article on How Sociable. She loves to travel and make new friends.