>> Mar 2, 2016
Many a times, you regret getting a tattoo and really wish if you can get rid of it completely. Well, thanks to laser treatments with which removing an unwanted tattoo is possible. Compared to any other tattoo removal treatments, laser treatment has shown the best results.
Well, just like any other treatment, laser treatment has its own list of aftercare instructions. If you really wish to see some amazing results, then it is crucial that you follow all the dos and don’ts of the treatment and take good aftercare.
Laser treatment for tattoo removal will create a superficial skin wound. Many patients have also reported side effects like bruising and swelling on skin. Besides, there are also chances of immediate skin whitening, which lasts for several minutes. All this are common after effects of the treatment and most of them are temporary. If you wish to know more about how the treatment works and its side effects, then click here.
Appropriate aftercare is very crucial to avoid all sorts of skin infection and unwanted side effects like blisters, scars, skin texture and color change, etc. Most of the laser tattoo removal clinic will give you specific instructions on after-care steps and following them is inevitable.
Some of the aftercare instructions are:
- Clean the treated area gently using an antibacterial soap and water. Pat the area dry and keep it clean as much as possible.
- For the first 24 hours, it is ideal to use cold compress and elevation in order to reduce inflammation and irritation.
- If needed, then take OTC available pain relievers like Tylenol, but avoid aspirin, ibuprofens, aproxens, etc.
- Avoid all sorts of physical activities for the first 24 hours and let your skin settle with the after effects of the treatment.
- Avoid taking hot showers and saunas.
- Apply the recommended ointment for about 3 days to fasten the healing process.
- Avoid direct sun exposure, pool water, hot tubs and salt water for 1 to 2 weeks.
- Always apply sunscreen.
- Don’t get alarmed by looking at some scabbing, blisters or skin color difference. These are all expected after effects of the treatment and will fade away in a couple of hours.
- Don’t pop the blisters or pick the scabs. This will only delay the process and can even create skin infection.
- Avoid shaving the treated area until it is completely healed.
- Do not use any type of self-tanner, bronzer or spray tan for 4 to 6 weeks before and after the treatment.
- Once the treated area is partially healed after 5 to 10 days, massage it for 5 to 10 minutes daily.
- Drink lots of water and keep yourself as much hydrated as possible.
All the laser tattoo removal treatments do not show same results. Certainly, you can get rid of that unwanted tattoo, but some tattoos may just fade and not disappear completely. The result of the treatment varies depending on the size, placement and color of the tattoo. However, a good aftercare ensures that the treatment shows expected results.