>> May 30, 2016
Pre-planning is the key to success for a business traveler. With a well thought out plan, it is easy to avoid major pitfalls and plights on a business trip that many travelers falls victim to. And in this pre-planning agenda, packing your bags comes in the top priority.
When you are packing for your next business trip, decide what needs to go with you and what can stay back home. Consider a handful of travel gears when you are on a business trip, cut the excess as much as possible.
Let us share some hassle-free packing tips to jazz up your next business trip –
Checklist for your business attire
Before you pack your business attire, assure yourself with solutions to questions - What should be your dress code? Will you require a versatile wardrobe or is it same for all functions? How long is the trip? What is the weather of the destination?
• Bring some clothes that pack well
• Bring just the exact clothes that you need
• Have an extra outfit for each function
Checklist for work related activities
As soon as you have done with the wardrobe, it is time to make sure that you have your work related items ready. This does not mean that your laptop and charger just packed up.
- You might need to bring the hard copy of your sales report. If you are visiting a vendor, you might need drawings of your construction project. If you assume the hotel to have printing capabilities for you, then you are wrong, make copies of what you need on your last day at the office before leaving for the trip. However, some places like Chikmagalur Resorts do have amenities like printing, Wi-Fi and other services to smoothen your business trip.
- Don’t forget to put these work related items in your bag pack – business cards, printed handouts, pens, notebook, etc.
Checklist for electronics and entertainment items
- Take books along with you for in-flight entertainment. It is always a good idea to take a break from the boring screen and read a book to keep your mind sharp.
- Do not forget to bring your chargers. They are the most essential on your business trip and more common to forget them at your home.
- Apart from chargers, consider the power adapter as well if you are traveling overseas. You can find kits in Amazon of all converters and adapters used in the world and it is lot cheaper than you can expect
Check and Recheck Your Bag Packs
Check your list in the night when you are done with the packing, but also make some time in the morning to double check the packing. After you do your toothbrush and deodorant, don’t forget to keep them in your toiletries bag. Make sure to place the charger of your phone in a suitcase, in case you have taken it out to charge your phone in the night. As soon as you have packed and prepared in the right way, a find a minute or two to relax. Get to the airport on time and relax with a book at the terminal for your trip.